Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Daisy, Daisy

Give me your answer, do.
I'm half crazy
All for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage.
But you'll look sweet
Upon the seat
Of a bicycle built for two.

So many styles and types of bicycles. The pink bicycle is a 1960 Spacelander.
The second two person bicycle is a Western Flyer Tandem.







On My Way

When I was baby,my first ride
Was in a carriage, up so high.
When I was one I got four wheels
On a toddler rider.
You should have heard me squeal.
When I was two, my wheels became three.
A tricycle pushed by my very own feet.
When I was five, four wheels once again
A two-wheeled bike with training wheels for friends
At the age of six, I was ready to fly.
Off came the trainers, just my bike and I.
The world became larger as my legs grew stronger.
Taking me faster, my trips getting longer


At 16 my bicycle had an engine.
A motorcycle, a wonderful invention.
But for enjoying the world as I glide by,
Nothing beats my bicycle under the sky.
It benefits both the body and mind.
The enviorment too, no fumes left behind.
A wonderful trip for family and friends
A few miles and back, good food at the end.

11 comments:

  1. have never riden a 2 seater...the first verse is very cute...the second more coming of age...there is just something about gliding along on a bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Goodness - we were thinking along the same lines this week! Good for us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet. :) I love those bike pics. Very nice.
    Happy TT! /Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pink bicycle.

    Your verse mentioning the bicycle with an engine made me remember mine at age 11, except my "engine" was created by clothespinning (to coin an appropriate word) playing cards to the spokes of the wheel. You know, putt-putt-putt...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't do pink, of course, but I love the Buck Rogers styling of it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want a tandem....it looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lllloooove that pink bike!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm wondering why on the tandem the front is a girl and the back has a boy-bar!? -J

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tandem bikes are great but dinna attempt to go one alone...er...and love that pink deco bike!

    And never, ever been on a motour-bike...!

    Hugs luv :)

    ReplyDelete