Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Is there a cougar in your tank?

Anyone ever wonder why there are so few songs about older people? After all, we don't simply vanish into the woodwork when we hit 35. Plenty of us have a lot of love and experiences to share. We exist, not in a vacume but in the very fabric of the here and now.Most older people become even more worthwhile as we age. So many don't have the time to discover themselves until after the kids have flown the coop. I don't only refer to the women, but the men as well.

I found out a lot about myself after my divorce. I was told I was worthless and no one would ever want me. Guess what? My ex was so wrong!!!!! I've enjoyed the company of several men over the past 10 years and found that I could be valued for who I am, not what someone thought I should be. So with that said, I present,


Two Steps Forward

There may be snow on the roof
But the furnace is roaring.
You can call me each night
But you won't call me boring.

There's a lot to be said
For the woman mature.
Still deserving of passion,
Still has her allure.

I'll never see fifty
Unless I look to the past.
I've kept the treasure
And thrown out the trash.

My senses take flight
At the touch of your hand.
Experience is spice,
I've had it with bland.

I'm ready and willing
To chance love again.
If we start out as friends
Who knows how it will end.


I know this is early, but it get difficult to find time before work, since I work 11-7.
There may be occasional bumps along the way, but when all is said and done, life is a trip. Enjoy it.

15 comments:

  1. great TT post! life is only over the hill when you allow it be...

    my favorite line.."Experience is spice,
    I've had it with bland."

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good woman is never too old! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound like a feisty young lady in a pretty sun dress, running through the meadow during a quiet picnic, gathering flowers as you run barefoot, and glancing back... your smile lights up your face, as you catch your admirer's gaze. Very nice post! Happy "Theme Thursday."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really fun poetry and I notice it garnered positive comments from the men folk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the line..."I've kept the treasure and thrown out the trash." That is so hopeful and optimistic. You have a great life ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing like proving your ex wrong! heehee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you still have it alright!!
    AND, since when is over 35 OVER THE HILL!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! And hell no, 35 ain't over the hill! Let's shoot for 95 as the magic number, k?

    ReplyDelete
  9. 35? I'd give anything to be 35 again! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm ready and willing
    To chance love again.
    If we start out as friends
    Who knows how it will end.

    ~~This sums up, in large part, where I would like to be... My ex wants me now, but only because I no longer want him, and I only no longer want him because he doesn't really like me! At least, not me for ME!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dreamhaven, you got it goin' on, girl! Most excellent work here :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you found you weren't washed up after the divorce! i am heading that way myself after two decades adn can barely breathe.

    ReplyDelete